Graduate Management Scheme
Graduate Management Scheme
We are delighted to introduce you to the Magnavale Ltd Graduate Management Scheme.
The aim of our Graduate Management Scheme is to develop you, with our support, as part of a strong pool of talent across the business. We envisage that you and your fellow Management Graduates will become our company’s future leaders.
This is a 24-month programme whereby you will gain experience in a variety of areas within our business, including:
• Site Operations: Gain insights into all aspects of current site operations, spanning administration, warehouse management and overall operational perspectives.
• Value-Added Services: Explore value-added services from administrative, operational, and managerial viewpoints, enhancing your understanding of their impact on business dynamics.
• Stakeholder Engagement: Develop skills in service and communication by actively engaging with both internal and external stakeholders, fostering effective relationships.
• Continuous Improvement: Contribute to our commitment to continuous improvement through involvement in process, policy, and procedure reviews, actively participating in refining organisational practices.
• Engineering: Get involved in engineering initiatives, including local improvement projects, providing a hands-on understanding of the role of engineering in our business operations.
• Finance: Gain exposure to financial aspects of the business, understanding the role of finance in decision-making processes and contributing to your overall business acumen.
• Information Technology: Explore Information Technology from both user and end-user perspectives, enhancing your understanding of its role in optimising business operations.
This immersive program is designed to provide a well-rounded and enriching experience, equipping participants with a diverse skill set and a deep understanding of our business operations.
You will be expected to work at any of our existing and future sites for up to six-month periods. This programme offers real-life exposure to the complexities of our business and the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by our senior leadership team.
You will also have the opportunity to gain experience of impactful projects and develop skills in an environment that encourages enquiring minds. You will gain a good knowledge of each department you are seconded to as part of this rotational scheme.
This will include all aspects such as:
• Warehouse functions
• Operational administrative functions
• Exposure to existing external customers and current requirements, alongside future customers and requirements
• Setting and motivating a team to work towards SMART targets
• Gain line management experience
• Gain a broad view of the business value of inter-relationships between departments
• Involvement in projects across all departments and all locations
Your working hours may include:
• 4 on 4 off shift pattern
• Monday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm
• 3 shift pattern Monday to Friday
• any other hours necessary to facilitate the business’ needs
Experience and skills required:
• Minimum 2:1 degree, (achieved or expected) in any subject
• Flexible and adaptable, to meet company expectations (ideally exceed)
• A “can do” attitude which lends itself to problem solving
• The ability to work under your own initiative and be able to make decisions
• The drive and ambition to lead a team of like-minded people to continually improve
• Be process, procedure and policy driven to ensure consistency throughout our business
• Proactively seek and propose opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement
• Willing to spend a minimum of 6 months abroad in the future (for our European leadership programme) once our planned European sites are operational
In return we will offer you:
•A competitive salary with an annual salary review
•Fully expensed company car
•33 days holiday (25 days annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays)
•An agreed full time leadership position at the end of a successful 24-monthprogramme
•Excellent training and access to a professional business coach
•An established mentor within the business currently in the Senior Leadership Team
•A friendly supportive team working environment that encourages self-development
•Access to further recognised learning-qualifications business/individual dependant
•People Pension Scheme
Why choose Magnavale?
•Magnavale Ltd are a diversified supplier of temperature-controlled warehouses and value-added services with a wide range of blue-chip customers.
•We have a proven track record as a highly successful, fast-growing company.
•Currently 4 industry leading operational locations in the UK with plans for a further 5 sites across the UK and Europe in the next 3-5 years.
•Additional office locations across the UK and Europe.
•An innovative and technology driven culture within a rapidly expanding company with an entrepreneurial mindset growing mutually productive relationships.
Please note that all applications will be reviewed at the end of February 2024. We will be holding interviews for this programme in March and April 2024. The anticipated start date of the 24-month programme is candidate dependent.
Please mail all applications to: Graduate.Scheme@magnavale.co.uk