IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless operation of information technology systems within the warehouse environment. This individual will be responsible for providing technical support, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and maintaining the overall IT infrastructure to optimise efficiency in warehouse management.
1. Hardware and Software Support:
– Provide technical support for all warehouse hardware, including servers, workstations, barcode scanners, and printers.
– Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues promptly to minimise downtime.
– Collaborate with vendors for equipment maintenance and repair.
2. Warehouse Management System (WMS):
– Administer and support the Warehouse Management System, ensuring its optimal performance.
– Collaborate with the IT team to implement updates, patches, and enhancements to the WMS.
– Conduct training sessions for warehouse staff on effective use of the WMS.
3. Networking and Connectivity:
– Maintain a secure and reliable network infrastructure to facilitate real-time data transfer.
– Troubleshoot network issues and coordinate with network specialists as needed.
-Implement and manage Wi-Fi networks for handheld devices and other wireless technologies.
4. Security Measures:
– Enforce cybersecurity measures to protect warehouse systems and data from potential threats.
– Monitor and analyse security logs, responding to and mitigating security incidents.
-Implement and manage user access controls and permissions.
5. System Integration:
– Collaborate with the development team to integrate the WMS with other enterprise systems.
– Develop and maintain APIs for seamless integration with third-party logistics partners, suppliers, and customers.
6. Data Backup and Recovery:
– Maintain a robust data backup strategy.
– Develop and test a comprehensive data recovery plan to minimise downtime in case of data loss.
7. User Training and Support:
– Provide user support through a responsive IT helpdesk, addressing issues in a timely manner.
– Conduct regular training sessions for warehouse staff on IT systems, updates, and best practices.
– Develop and maintain a knowledge base with FAQs and troubleshooting guides.
8. Mobile Device Management (MDM):
-Manage MDM solutions for mobile devices used within the warehouse.
– Enforce policies to ensure secure use of mobile devices and prevent unauthorised access.
9. Regular Maintenance and Monitoring:
– Schedule and perform routine maintenance tasks, including system updates and hardware checks.
– Implement continuous monitoring solutions to identify and address potential issues proactively.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Proven experience in IT support roles, preferably within a warehousing or logistics environment.
• Strong knowledge of warehouse management systems, hardware, and networking.
• Familiarity with cybersecurity best practices and data protection measures.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external vendors.
Why choose Magnavale?
•Magnavale Ltd are a diversified supplier of temperature-controlled warehouses and value-added services with a wide range of blue-chip customers.
•We have a proven track record as a highly successful, fast-growing company.
•Currently 4 industry-leading operational locations in the UK with plans for a further 5 sites across the UK and Europe in the next 3-5 years.
•Additional office locations across the UK and Europe.
•An innovative and technology-driven culture within a rapidly expanding company with an entrepreneurial mindset growing mutually productive relationships.
Please mail all applications to: Martin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 12th January 2024